We went to Aberdeen for wrestling with Makay. He got paired up and we went to the mat for his first match. He was doing really well and was a head in points when all of the sudden he was down on the mat crying. He was holding his leg and I figured he had just landed wrong on it. I asked him if he could stand and he got up. He said it was sore. I told him to walk it off. He moved around the mat a little bit but said it hurt to bad to finish wrestling. He walked to the bench and then across the gym. I went out and got the car and brought it to the front door he walked out to the car. We stopped and got some ice to put on his knee. I figured he had popped it out. He laid down in the back seat and I headed home. He wanted a blessing so I called to see if Brian was home since we had to drive right past their house. They were gone. I figured if the community care was open when we got to Idaho Falls I would stop but it was later than I thought so we just headed home. I gave him a couple of ibuprofen and rubbed his leg with some ointment. The next morning he still would not put any weight on it. I had him get in a hot tub of water and soak it. It was still pretty sore. I was getting ready to go to Rexburg and decided I would take him with me. I decided to watch the video before going. To my amazement I was shocked at what the video showed. Makay's leg bent at such an angle there should have been no way he was walking on it. We immediately went to community care. The doctor felt his leg and really wasn't convinced that it was broken. Their x-ray machine was down and so we wnet for an MRI because they thought it was ligiments. While they were processing the film I went to Parker to a baby shower. While there the doctor called to tell me that the orthopedic surgeon was waiting for us. Makay had actually broken his leg in a very unusual place. The surgeon did not think that it needed surgery but he wanted to set the leg himself. The break was so odd that it could not been seen on a regular x-ray. Even after knowing where the break was you could not see it. Makay is now in a cast from his hip to his toes. Try moving that boy around. We got him a wheelchair for school because I did not figure he could do the halls at school on crutches. Makay had a piano recital the next day and we wheeled him up to the piano in his wheelchair and he gave a great performance. Well I guess our wrestling is over for another year.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Are you kidding?
We went to Aberdeen for wrestling with Makay. He got paired up and we went to the mat for his first match. He was doing really well and was a head in points when all of the sudden he was down on the mat crying. He was holding his leg and I figured he had just landed wrong on it. I asked him if he could stand and he got up. He said it was sore. I told him to walk it off. He moved around the mat a little bit but said it hurt to bad to finish wrestling. He walked to the bench and then across the gym. I went out and got the car and brought it to the front door he walked out to the car. We stopped and got some ice to put on his knee. I figured he had popped it out. He laid down in the back seat and I headed home. He wanted a blessing so I called to see if Brian was home since we had to drive right past their house. They were gone. I figured if the community care was open when we got to Idaho Falls I would stop but it was later than I thought so we just headed home. I gave him a couple of ibuprofen and rubbed his leg with some ointment. The next morning he still would not put any weight on it. I had him get in a hot tub of water and soak it. It was still pretty sore. I was getting ready to go to Rexburg and decided I would take him with me. I decided to watch the video before going. To my amazement I was shocked at what the video showed. Makay's leg bent at such an angle there should have been no way he was walking on it. We immediately went to community care. The doctor felt his leg and really wasn't convinced that it was broken. Their x-ray machine was down and so we wnet for an MRI because they thought it was ligiments. While they were processing the film I went to Parker to a baby shower. While there the doctor called to tell me that the orthopedic surgeon was waiting for us. Makay had actually broken his leg in a very unusual place. The surgeon did not think that it needed surgery but he wanted to set the leg himself. The break was so odd that it could not been seen on a regular x-ray. Even after knowing where the break was you could not see it. Makay is now in a cast from his hip to his toes. Try moving that boy around. We got him a wheelchair for school because I did not figure he could do the halls at school on crutches. Makay had a piano recital the next day and we wheeled him up to the piano in his wheelchair and he gave a great performance. Well I guess our wrestling is over for another year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just got back from a wrestling match and was totally believing that this happened again!!!! But the story sounded familiar enough that I realize that it wasn't the same! And the pictures of Clayton and state helped also!
ReplyDeleteRanell kept yelling at me for not updating so I am trying to catch up last year. With Clayton going on a mission I figured I better catch up quick.
ReplyDelete