
Running Over My Husband
After being married for only a couple of months, Daren and I were towing a car home. There was a problem with the car hood and we pulled off the side of the road. While Daren was in front of the car trying to make the repair I remember looking in the rearview mirro and seeing a car come over the hill at a pretty good speed. I knew that they were going to hit us so I put my foot on the brake pedal and pushed down as hard as I could. The car hit the rear end of our car, which then hit Daren and threw him into the gutter of the road. The other driver was a young college student with no insurance who was paying more attention to the girl in the seat beside him than to the road. Daren luckily was not seriously injured but was laid up for a time. I was so scared as we took him to the hospital. I could not believe that even though we had only been married for a short time it could have ended that night. When we were sealed our sealer told us that the love we had on our wedding day would grow beyond what we could comprehend. At the time I remember thinking that I could not love him more, but in those short months my love had grown a ton. Now as many years have passed I look back on the day and I really don't think that I knew what eternal love really was. Daren especially likes to tell this story and he is the one who actually gets the credit for the title because he loves to tell people that I tried to run over him.
Hurray for Vonell's blog!!! I'm so happy you joined this craziness. We got our book of last years blog entries back a few weeks ago, it is so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the world of blogs!
I'm so excited you are a blogging mom!!
ReplyDelete