Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chapter 4


Kenzie's Ladder

When McKenzie was almost 5 years old she wanted something out of a cupboard in her room. She proceeded to make a ladder out of a couple of buckets and a small child's chair. She then tried to climb this ladder, and of course after only going up a little ways it naturally all came toppling down. McKenzie cried out and came crawling into the living room. She had broken her leg. She was just starting preschool and could not figure out how to use crutches. She had to be carried everywhere. This wouldn't have been too bad except that I had just had Clayton so I was packing two kids everywhere. We did finally get her a wheelchair to help her get around. For six weeks I really had to learn a lot of patience. I am not a very patient person, and this is a lesson I am still trying to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't seem like that long ago, but when i start counting, wow!! Tough times with a new baby and a broken girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I remember Kenzie... she was 3 when we first met. : ) So cute.

    ReplyDelete