Sunday, December 26, 2010

Feeding the Thousands(well not quite)


At the beginning of the football season Clayton and I decided to have a team dinner. We felt like the team really needed to get to know each other on and off the field.

So on Thursday before the first game we had them over to eat. We then decided that we should do this every Thursday. It was a blast having the boys in our home. They were very funny especially when they didn't realize that I could hear their conversations.

We always made sure to have plenty of food because they are teenage boys, they are football players and boy were they always hungry.

Over the football season I feed them 1 pot of chili, 1 pot of stroganoff, 2 huge cookers of chicken noodle soup, 2 crockpots pulled pork and chicken sandwiches, 1 cooker, white chicken chili, 1 cooker taco soup,1 cooker 3-Bean soup,Glazed ham, 4 pans of lasagna,Green salad, potato salad, pasta salad, deviled eggs, yummy potatoes, 8 loaves of homemade bread, 6 loaves french bread, 4 plates of shrimp dip, 2 7-layer dip, 2 pumpkin rolls,4 bags tortilla chips, brownies,rice krispie treats, cinnamon rolls, relish tray, a huge cobbler, homemade sugar cookies, homemade oreo cookies, chocolate cake, I am sure there was more.

Thanks boys for making this year a blast and well worth all the blood sweat and tears.

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes Vonell! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah amazing or insane, maybe a little of both. I can't believe you did this all season. I'll be you are everyone's favorite mom!

    ReplyDelete