
In 1996 our neice was killed in a freak automobile/pedestrian accident at an amusement park. It was raining and she was hurrying to the car and stepped out in front of a car. She was killed instantly. All of us were struggling with this but especially her family. My nephew was 11 at the time and he wanted to be so grown up and strong, but was still a little boy. My father-in-law gave him a blessing that I had the privilege of sitting in on. My father-in-law said many things in his blessing but the one thing that stood out the most was that even if my neice could return to this earth she would choose not to. I don't know if my nephew remembers any of this blessing, but I know that that one thing helped me more than anything else at the time. The priesthood has always been a huge blessing in my life. I have always been thankful to have a husband who has always been willing to give blessings when we needed them.
No comments:
Post a Comment